In October I attended the annual Our Ocean conference in Oslo. The conference was established in 2014 under the leadership of then US Secretary of State John Kerry and took place in Washington DC.
Eye-catching commitments from governments, businesses and civil-society organisations are a hallmark of the conference. In Oslo 370 pledges were made, totalling almost US$64bn. But the transformation towards a truly “blue” economy requires more fundamental changes.
Read my summary article for the World Ocean Initiative here.
More posts on the ocean economy:
- How to accelerate ocean regeneration in Mexico
- The Future of Sustainability: Courage to Transform
- Keynote speaker at Forum for the Ocean in Cancun
- Judge at this year’s Electric Vehicle Innovation & Excellence Awards
- My essay on marine natural capital published in official T20 compendium for India’s G20 presidency