On June 8th I gave an inspirational talk to journalists and communicators as part of the World Water Week Communications Initiative. The aim was to share my experiences as head of the World Ocean Initiative on how to communicate science and complex issues.
The presentation focused on three parts:
• A short introduction to The Economist Group’s World Ocean Initiative
• The importance of cross-cutting levers of change
• Building a community around a sustainable ocean economy
The full presentation, with Q&A, can be watched below:
More posts on the ocean economy:
- 2021: A winning year for the ocean?
- WOS APAC: Small Island Developing States —new challenges, new opportunities & harnessing the power of seaweed
- WOS APAC: Building momentum for offshore wind in Asia & The Economist’s debrief on COP26 and the ocean
- WOS APAC: How to implement and manage marine protected areas
- WOS APAC 2021: Developing the business case to attract early investors