It’s World Water Week this week, organised by SIWI – Stockholm International Water Institute. The Economist Group’s World Ocean Initiative is an official outreach partner of the week.
I participated in the Accelerator on Communication and Behaviour Change, aimed at highlighting levers that can speed up and intensify our impact. The panel discussion on “Scaling up and community building”, convened by Grundfos Foundation and SIWI, focuses on scaling up water-related campaigns and communication initiatives such as the World Ocean Initiative.
The session is introduced by Claire Reid, CEO at Reel Gardening. Moderated by Anders Sahlman, the panel also includes Pia Yasuko Rask (Grundfos Foundation), Zibusiso Ncube (Practical Action) and Fatou Jeng (Gambian Youth Climate Negotiator at the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change or UNFCCC).
View the session here:
More posts on the ocean economy:
- 2021: A winning year for the ocean?
- WOS APAC: Small Island Developing States —new challenges, new opportunities & harnessing the power of seaweed
- WOS APAC: Building momentum for offshore wind in Asia & The Economist’s debrief on COP26 and the ocean
- WOS APAC: How to implement and manage marine protected areas
- WOS APAC 2021: Developing the business case to attract early investors