On October 13th 2022 I was invited by the John Nurminen Foundation (John Nurmisen Säätiö) to provide the keynote speech at its 30th anniversary in the beautiful city of Helsinki. The foundation does lots of great work to save the Baltic Sea and its heritage for future generations. I was honoured to speak about the opportunities of building a sustainable ocean economy in the Baltic Sea and beyond. Lots of great connections and conversations!
My summary blog of my speech can be found on Economist Impact’s World Ocean Initiative.
Find out more about building a sustainable ocean economy from the World Ocean Initiative.
Read the interview the Foundation did with me for their newsletter here.
Photo credit for official photos from the event: Petri Anttila
More on the ocean economy:
- Ocean Impact Podcast: how the ocean flows through all 17 of the UN SDGs
- Leaving The Economist Group after 11 and a half years
- Speaking at the 2023 Earth Day Symposium hosted by the World Business Angels Investment Forum
- Article on blue carbon published in UN Today magazine
- Celebrating women in the ocean economy