I’m at the UN Ocean Conference in Lisbon this week. Today I moderated a session on “Unlocking Corporate Blue Finance” in the SDG Media Zone. I was joined by Suzanne Johnson, Senior Advisor at the UN Global Compact Norway; Tom Eveson, Vice President, Corporate Solutions and Sustainable Finance at Sustainalytics; and Melissa Walsh Program Manager, Ocean Finance Initiative at the Asian Development Bank (ADB).
Watch the recorded session here: https://media.un.org/en/asset/k1x/k1xaht4yf7
See pictures from the event below:
Investor appetite for blue investment is on the rise whilst businesses are recognising the need to align their operations with the transition to a net-zero, resilient future in line with the Sustainable Development Goals. This session will discuss how to shift private-sector funding towards the blue economy by developing a pipeline of bankable ocean investments. It will feature an important announcement about the creation of global blue capital market standards. It will explore tangible ways for business to take action to finance a sustainable ocean.
Economist Impact’s World Ocean Initiative is covering the most important developments at and around the UN Ocean Conference: https://ocean.economist.com/.
More on the ocean economy:
- Winners announced for Ocean Changemakers Challenge 2022
- How to shift the ocean narrative for a sustainable blue economy
- Blue climate solutions: the role of marine natural capital in mitigating climate change
- Speaking at the 30th anniversary of the John Nurminen Foundation in Helsinki
- Moderating at World Ocean Tech and Innovation Summit in Halifax, Canada