Between August 27th 2021 and September 3rd 2021 I took part in the Climate Opportunity Leaders Retreat at European Forum Alpbach. As part of my participation, I moderated an important session on “Greening the Blue Economy – Linking Ocean Health and Wealth”.
I was joined by an excellent panel:
• Wietse Van Der Werf, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Sea Ranger Service
• Charlina Vitcheva, Director-General, Directorate-General for Maritime Affairs and Fisheries (MARE), European Commission
• Arjen Uytendaal, President, European Network of Maritime Clusters
• Claire MARTIN, Vice-President Sustainability, CMA CGM Group
• Geneviève Pons-Deladrière, Director General, Europe Jacques Delors
• Isabelle Garzon, Director of Studies and Development, Europe Jacques Delors
From ecosystem regeneration and decarbonisation to zero pollution, this session will explore ways to make the blue economy sustainable and more resilient for future generations. It will discuss Mission Starfish, an integral part of the Horizon Europe framework, and how it can help to restore Europe’s waters by 2030.
More information on the session here.